PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO COVID SAFETY PRECAUTIONS, OUR VISITATION POLICY HAS CHANGED. VISIT OUR COVID INFORMATION PAGE FOR MORE.
Wayne Memorial recognizes that a patient’s loved ones and friends can contribute greatly to the healing process. Our hospital is open to visitors at any time. We ask, however, that all visitors respect the needs of the patient, the needs of other patients and their visitors, and the needs of our staff.
General Visiting Hours
Open visitation: 6 am – 9 pm
Visitation with a pass: 9 pm – 6 am
- Patients choose who may visit them during their hospital stay and have the right to withdraw consent to visitation at any time.
- The health care team may limit visitors allowed at a patient’s bedside. Three visitors at a time at a patient’s bedside—two for Intensive Care and Telemetry— is preferred. Special rules may apply to other specific units as well (see below).
- Please wash hands upon entering AND leaving the room. Hand washing foam canisters are mounted in patient rooms and waiting rooms.
- Guidelines for visiting one patient may differ from those of another, based on the status and needs of the patient and the nursing staff.
It is our goal to prevent infections that may compromise the patient or the child. Children may visit with permission of staff and with adult supervision. Children are not allowed to remain in a waiting room unattended.
- Please refrain from touching equipment in a patient’s room.
- Please do not bring alcoholic beverages or firearms into the hospital.
- Please do not bring food to a patient without approval from the patient’s health care provider.
- Please wear attire appropriate to the area being visited. Staff reserve the right to determine the appropriateness of attire given the situation.
- Visitors are discouraged from sleeping in patient rooms; however, under special circumstances, arrangements may be made.
- Stop signs on patient room doors indicate isolation precautions. Check with a patient’s nurse to receive specific instructions about isolation.
- A nurse may end visitation at any time if it is deemed to be in the best interests of the patient or in certain situations, such as emergencies.
- Positive interactions with your loved one such as handholding, communication in an appropriate manner, etc. are encouraged.
Wayne Memorial is committed to the well-being of its patients and staff. For that reason, a patient’s health care team may limit visitation or impose special rules such as a visitor’s pass. Some of the circumstances include, but are not limited to the following:
To Call Patient Rooms – To dial a patient’s room, please call the general number 570-253-8100 and ask for the patient or the room number.
Cellphone Usage – The use of cell phones, which may interfere with the proper functioning of some medical equipment, is prohibited in patient care areas at Wayne Memorial Hospital. Cell phones may be used in waiting areas as well as the cafeteria and lobby.
Shift Change: Patient assessment by arriving staff may necessitate no visitors or phone calls.
Quiet Time: Noise should be kept to a minimum between 8 p.m. and 7 a.m. to allow patients to rest.
Night Visits: Between 9 pm and 6 am, visitors must obtain passes from the Emergency Department Registration desk and return the passes to the Switchboard upon leaving.
Infectious Disease: Individuals who have a cold, cough or other communicable illness are encouraged not to visit. Special requests may be accommodated at the staff’s discretion.
Thank you for choosing Wayne Memorial Hospital and for your cooperation with our visitation policy.
Wayne Memorial Hospital’s visitation procedures do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and disability.