UPDATED Visitor Information
DURING NOVEL CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC – 2020
SPECIAL VISITATION POLICY
Dear Patients, Family Members and Visitors:
It is our mission to provide quality medical care in a safe environment for our patients, staff and visitors. In view of the new coronavirus, COVID-19, we are asking you to help us minimize exposure to infections and communicable diseases.
VISITOR RESTRICTION POLICY
No visitors will be allowed except in the following cases:
- Patient in an end-of-life situation
- Patient in our labor-and-delivery unit, New Beginnings (1 visitor permitted)
- Pediatric and neonatal patients (1 parent permitted at a time)
- Patient who requires informed clinical-consent support (1 visitor)
- Patient who needs discharge support (1 visitor)
- Visitors under 18 need prior authorization to visit in any situation
Hospital Outpatient Procedures & ER Visitation
- 1 support person permitted
- No visitors under 18 years of age with exceptions
Wayne Woodlands Manor, long –term care facility
- No visitors except in end-of-life situations
All visitors: please practice infection control!
- Wash your hands or use 60%+-alcohol based sanitizer before entering and upon leaving a patent room.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or elbow and sanitize hands afterwards.
If you have respiratory symptoms and your visit is essential to a patient’s well-being, please ASK FOR A MASK at Registration or the nurses’ station on the unit you are visiting.
Thank you for your cooperation. Together, we hopefully can make a difference in these uncharted waters.
Wayne Memorial Health System