Advanced Wound Care
Louis D’Oro, DO, Medical Director
Healing Wounds. Restoring Quality of Life.
Innovative Treatment for Chronic & Non-healing Wounds
Wayne Memorial’s Advanced Wound Care Center provides a comprehensive medical approach to treating patients with many different types of wounds. Our goal is to help restore the patient’s quality of life to optimal levels. We offer advanced techniques, including surgical debridement and skin grafting.
Focused on helping you regain mobility and independence, our multi-disciplinary team includes an infectious disease specialist, vascular and general surgeons and podiatrists. Members of our nursing team are certified in wound care and work closely with your referring healthcare provider.
Here are some of the conditions we treat:
- Diabetic, venous, arterial ulcers
- Slow to heal surgical or traumatic wounds
- Pressure ulcers
- Bone infections (osteomyelitis)
- Compromised skin grafts or fl aps
- Wounds caused by post-radiation effects
Patients are typically referred to our Center when they fail to show significant improvement in four weeks or complete healing within eight weeks.
Wound Care Treatment
When you arrive at our Advanced Wound Care Center, our team will assess your condition and design a plan of care to meet your needs. this may include:
- Advanced wound dressing
- Debridement/surgical interventions
- Skin grafting
- Bio-engineered skin substitutes
- Negative pressure wound therapy
- Lymphedema therapy/compression therapy
- Offloading (pressure reduction) through custom footwear and bracing
- Extended antibiotic therapy
- Nutrition/diabetic counseling
- Education and prevention
- Home Health care
- Referral to Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
Our Wound Care unit offers private treatment rooms to protect against infection and safeguard your information.
We’ve got your wounds covered.
Hours: Monday – Friday | 8am – 4pm by appointment
We accept most private insurances, Medicare and medical assistance, including most managed-care plans. For more information on payments and what is covered, contact your health coverage provider.
Wound Care (570) 251-6644
Fax (570) 251-6652
Home Health (570) 253-8431