Community Health Centers
Wayne Memorial Community Health Centers (WMCHC) is a progressive multi-specialty group made up of primary care, women’s health, behavioral health and dental sites, plus specialty practices in northeastern Pennsylvania. We have over 65 practitioners and 300 employees. WMCHC is clinically affiliated with Wayne Memorial Health System, Inc.
WMCHC is a federally qualified health center (FQHC), supported in part through a grant from the US Health Resources and Services Administration, Bureau of Primary Health Care. It was created in 2007, with the first primary care facility opening in Honesdale in January of 2008.WMCHC offers healthcare to everyone and accepts most private insurance and medical assistance. Our centers also offer a sliding fee scale based on income. For specific information regarding billing, call (570) 251-6641.
WMCHC has achieved Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) Recognition by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) website www.ncqa.org. Physician practices using this model of care have been credited with increasing access to more efficient, coordinated and responsive care resulting in comprehensive and integrated services for patients and their families.
For more information on PCMH, download a PDF of our patient information brochure by clicking on the link below:
Our services include:
* Primary care in Honesdale, Hamlin, Lake Como, Lords Valley, Tafton, Forest City, Carbondale and Waymart
* Pediatric care in Honesdale, Lords Valley, Waymart and Sterling
* Dental care for children and adults at the Together for Health Dental Center in Honesdale and Pike Dental Center in Lords Valley
* Behavioral Health — mental health and counseling services– at the Behavioral Health Center in Honesdale
* Women’s Health Care — obstetrical and gynecological services with board-certified and board-eligible physicians, certified nurse-midwives and CRNPs in Honesdale, Hamlin, Dingmans Ferry and Carbondale.
* General and Bariatric Surgery
Wayne Memorial Hospital Outpatient Clinics:
* Physician Specialty Clinic (offering cardiology, pulmonary and sleep medicine and nephrology)
Wayne Memorial Community Health Centers is a Health Center Program grantee under 42 U.S.C. 254b, and a deemed Public Health Service employee under 42 U.S.C. 233(g)-(n).
This Health Center receives HHS funding and has Federal Public Health Service (PHS) deemed status with respect to certain health or health-related claims, including medical malpractice claims, for itself and its covered individuals.
To learn more about Federally Qualified Health Centers, please click on the link below.