Wayne Woodlands Manor
This 121-bed skilled nursing facility was built by Wayne Memorial Health System and opened in August 1994. It offers short-term rehabilitation and long-term care for residents of Wayne, Pike and Lackawanna counties, whose physicians have determined that they require skilled nursing care. It also provides respite care for families who need a short vacation from caring for an elderly relative. A restorative nursing program offers ambulation and exercises to keep residents active. The facility also maintains contracts with five hospice organizations in the area.
• Semi-private rooms and seven private rooms
• Dining hall
• Family dining room
• Community room (for family dinners, parties, meetings, etc.)
• Activity rooms (for exercise and arts and crafts, etc.)
• Beauty shop
• Library and computer room
• Wheelchair accessible gardens
• Outdoor gazebo for picnics and cookouts
24-Hour Nursing Staff
• Registered Nurses (RNs)
• Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs)
• Certified Nurses Aides (CNAs)
• Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapists
• Registered Dietician
• Activities Director
• Social Worker
• Full-Time Beautician
• Arts and crafts
• Exercise classes
• Bible study groups and services (Clergy from local churches in Waymart, including St. Mary’s Church and St. Tikhon’s Monastery, visit regularly.)
Wayne Woodlands Relaxation Room
Wayne Woodlands Manor accepts Medicare, Medicaid, various insurance and private pay.
Members of the Residents Council meet regularly to make decisions about activities and trips. Recent trips have included a visit to the Wayne County Fair, sampling ice cream at a local farmers market and shopping in Dickson City.
Wayne Woodlands Manor is one of several facilities of Wayne Memorial Health System that are located in the complex of buildings off South Street in Waymart. They include:
• Pediatric Practices of NEPA for Infants, Children, Adolescents and Young Adults
• Mogerman Jason Orthopaedic Institute
• Waymart Family Health Center — Primary Care Physician Services
Nearby, on Route 6, Wayne Memorial Hospital offers x-ray and laboratory services at the Waymart Medical Center.
Wayne Woodlands Manor has established resident, food and family counsel groups which meet regularly to make decisions concerning activities, menus and provision of care. Offsite activities include shopping trips, gentlemen’s luncheons, trips to the Wayne County Fair, ice cream sampling at local farmers markets and fishing. Additional van used for activities and special outings.
Wayne Woodlands Manor provides hospice/pal- liative care in a special room set up to comfort- ably accommodate a resident and his/her family. The room offers a home-like setting, including a refrigerator and microwave oven, for family members who wish to stay with their loved one. Using a team-oriented, holistic approach to care and pain management, our licensed professional staff provides physical, emotional and spiritual support expressly tailored to the patients’ needs and wishes. Our Social Services staff is also avail- able to help residents’ and their families decide if hospice care is appropriate.