SCHEDULE A FLU SHOT
PROTECT YOURSELF BY GETTING A FLU SHOT
The CDC recommends everyone age 6 months and older get an annual flu vaccine.
When should I get vaccinated?
It is recommended to have a flu vaccine prior to the actual start of the flu season– ideally by the end of October. However, if you’ve procrastinated, it would still benefit you to have the vaccine administered later even as far as into January.
Where can I get the flu vaccine?
All Wayne Memorial Community Health Centers (WMCHC) Primary Care offices have an inventory of the flu vaccine for their patients. Simply, call your PCP office (listed below) ahead of your planned arrival. Tell the front office staff that you’d like to receive the vaccine and you’ll be told when to come to the office.
- Carbondale Family Health Center – 570-282-2031
- Honesdale Family Health Center – 570-251-6672
- Forest City Family Health Center – 570-785-3194
- Hamlin Family Health Center – 570-689-9965
- Highland Physicians Family Health Center – 570-251-6500
- Northern Wayne Family Health Center – 570-798-2828
- Pike Family Health Center – 570-775-7100
- Pinnacle Family Health Center – 570-226-2151
- Waymart Family Health Center – 570-647-0523
Does insurance cover the flu vaccine?
The flu vaccine is covered by most commercial insurances, managed care plans, Medicare and Medical Assistance. It is best to contact your insurance carrier to be certain you don’t incur an unexpected expense. No insurance? We have affordable options for our sliding fee patients.