We have one of the best-equipped radiology departments in Northeastern Pennsylvania with ultrasound, nuclear medicine, digital and traditional mammography, bone density testing, CT Scan, PET/CT Scan, X-ray and MRI.
Radiology Services are available at seven convenient locations:
- Wayne Memorial Hospital (570-253-8124) 601 Park Street, Honesdale, PA 18431, 24 hour service X-rays, MRI, CT, Pet Scans, Nuclear Medicine, Digital Mammograms, Ultrasound, Bone Density, Vascular Studies
- Wayne Memorial Outpatient Services - Hamlin (570-689-4670) Hamlin Family Health Center, 543 Easton Turnpike - Route 191, Hamlin. PA 18427, X-ray Monday through Friday 8 am to 4:30 pm, ; ultrasounds Monday, Wednesday and Thursday by appointment only from 8:30 am to 5 p.m. X-rays, Ultrasound
- Wayne Memorial Outpatient Services - Pike County (570-775-4278) Pike Family Health Center, 750 Route 739, Lords Valley, PA 18428, 8am-4pm Monday to Friday X-rays, Digital Mammograms, Bone Density Testing
- Waymart Medical Center (570-488-9580) 27 Woodlands Drive, Waymart, PA 18472, 8am-4:30pm Tuesday and Wednesday X-rays
- Wayne Memorial Outpatient Center - Waymart (570) 488-9500 621 Roosevelt Highway (Route 6), PA 18472 8am-4:30pm Monday, Thursday & Friday X-rays , electrocardiograms (EKG)
- Wayne Memorial Outpatient Center - Forest City (570) 785-6622 630 Main Street, Forest City, PA 18421, 6am - 2:30pm Monday to Friday X-rays and EKG
- Wayne Memorial Outpatient Center - Carbondale (570) 282-1637 Marian Professional Building, 141 Salem Avenue, Carbondale, PA 18407, 6:30AM to 3PM Monday to Friday X-rays and for Cardiology, EKG testing is also available.
Foundation Radiology Group, one of the top ranked radiology groups in the United States, provides professional interpretations and consultations with sub-specialization experts available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mammography - Our digital mammography unit in the Women's Imaging Center at Wayne Memorial Hospital and our highly trained staff are fully accredited by the American College of Radiology. We also offer digital mammography services by our highly trained and accredited staff at the Pike County Medical Center. The new digital mammography equipment from Hologic Technology is designed to provide very high quality images which can be viewed instantly by the radiologist. All patients in both of our mammography facilities are offered the soft touch MammoPads, a specialized breast cushion designed for women by a female breast surgeon. MammoPads do not impair image quality and make it easier for patients to be relaxed, warm and comfortable during the study. The higher level of patient comfort helps our highly skilled mammography technologists achieve the best possible images. The radiologists and surgeons at Wayne Memorial Hospital can also perform stereotactic and fine needle breast biopsies.
Ultrasound - Our three new Siemens Acuson Antares Ultrasound Systems deliver superb image quality and allow for a full range of fast, non-invasive diagnoses. Some clinical applications for this imaging technology include:
- 3D/4D Imaging
Diagnostic Section (X-RAY) - General Electric XRD Revolution equipment allows for direct digital capture of x-ray images. Each image is available for review within 3-5 seconds, allowing for maximum efficiency in diagnosis and treatment. Digital radiographic/fluoroscopic equipment and computed radiography units linked to our picture archiving and communications system, allow for immediate access to x-ray studies anywhere within the healthcare system.
Bone Density Testing Section - Our new Hologic QDR 4500 DEXA-Scan unit offers the most accurate diagnosis and screening of osteoporosis and other bone disorders.
Nuclear Medicine - Two gamma cameras, an ADAC Vertex Plus Dual-Head SPECT Gamma Camera and an ADAC ACR 3000 with Pegasus 20 Technology use minimal radiation to provide the most accurate diagnoses of conditions involving the heart, lungs, biliary system, gall bladder, kidneys, thyroid and bones.
Computerized Axial Tomography (CAT SCAN) - Our newly acquired state-of-the-art Aquilion PRIME from Toshiba is capable of producing 160 images or "slices" per rotation. It provides faster exams at the lowest doses of radiation that are reasonably achievable while producing high-quality images for precise diagnoses.
The speed of the Aquilion PRIME allows clinicians to obtain critical patient information faster than before. Shorter exams mean less contrast and radiation are required, making the procedure much safer. The equipment also offers more comfort for patients and expands the range of patients who can be imaged—from pediatric to bariatric-- partly because of the Aquilion PRIME’s large bore opening and the industry’s widest couch.
Some typical procedures performed include:
- Cardiac and coronary vessel analysis
- Coronary artery calcification scoring
- Angiography studies
- Trauma/emergency room/chest pain management
- Stroke workup
- Oncology/cancer care
- Pulmonary emboli
- Inner ear ailments
- Spinal injuries
- Abdominal injuries
- Pediatric assessment
- Kidney exams
- Liver exams
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) - A GE 1.5 Tesla, with Excite High Definition Technology provides a quantum improvement in the speed and resolution of MRI studies. These improved studies allow doctors to diagnose a wide range of conditions including:
- Cardiac and vascular disease
- Abdominal disorders
- Brain disorders
- Spinal injuries
- Musculoskeletal injuries; knee, shoulder, elbow, wrist and other joint injuries
This technology also allows radiologists to perform breast biopsies with MRI guidance.
PET/CT Scans—positron emission tomography with computer-assisted tomography. This imaging procedure, used to determine the location and stage of cancerous tissue, can help prevent unnecessary surgery, biopsies and inappropriate treatments. PET/CT has a major impact on the clinical evaluations of cancer patients, and in many cases will enable physicians to begin treatment earlier and increase the odds for successful patient outcomes.
The precise images obtained with PET/CT are not available with other technologies, such as X-ray, MRI, or CT alone. The PET/CT equipment combines or “fuses” the images of a PET scanner (metabolic function of cells) with the CT scanner (anatomic location of body structures) into one extremely detailed image.