Wayne Memorial Hospital and Wayne Memorial Health System work with community leaders, young people, church groups, political office-holders and statewide health officials to help the community we serve stay healthy. We offer programs ranging from classes and support groups for people with diabetes to seminars on disease prevention and treatment to fun events for children on topics such as bike and water safety. We partner regularly with the Northeast Regional Cancer Institute, the American Cancer Society (Relays for LIfe), the Susan G. Komen Foundation Against Breast Cancer, the Wayne County YMCA and many more local agencies.
Our annual programs include:
* The In-School Walking Program, a partnership with area school districts. Download and print the application below for this school year. Mail or delivery back to Community Relations, Wayne Memorial Hospital 601 Park St., Honesdale, PA 18431. The office is located across the street from the main hospital building, in a white building -- #504-- next to Human Resources.
2014/2015 Walking Program Application.pdf
* The Together for Health School Program for 7th and 11th graders to help our youth choose healthy lifestyles.
* The Prevention Initiative, a SHIP partnership
*TAFTY - Take Action for Tobacco-Free Youth
* Women Only Luncheon Symposium
* Health Education Presentations for medical professionals and the public on breast cancer, colon cancer, diabetes and other health issues.
For more information, call (570) 253-8990.