Primary Care | Pediatrics | Dental | Women’s Health | Behavioral Health | General Surgery | Sleep Medicine/Pulmonary | General and Interventional Cardiology | Neurology
WMCHC, or Wayne Memorial Community Health Centers is a federally qualified health center (FQHC), supported in part through a grant from the US Health Resources and Services Administration, Bureau of Primary Health Care. It was created in 2007, with the first primary care facility opening in Honesdale in January of 2008.
We are a progressive multi-specialty group with a total of 15 primary care, women’s health, behavioral health and dental sites, plus specialty practices (pulmonary, cardiology, surgery and neurology) in northeastern Pennsylvania. We have over 65 practitioners and 200 employees. WMCHC is affiliated with Wayne Memorial Hospital.
WMCHC offers healthcare to everyone and accepts most private insurance and medical assistance. Our centers also offer a sliding fee scale based on income. For specific information regarding billing, call (570) 251-6641.
Through continuous efforts to offer the highest quality care, WMCHC provides care following the Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) care model. For more information on PCMH, download a PDF of our patient information brochure by clicking on the link below:
Our services include:
* Primary care in Honesdale, Hamlin, Lake Como, Waymart, Lords Valley, Tafton, Vandling and Carbondale
* Pediatric care in Honesdale and Carbondale
* Dental care for children and adults at the Together for Health Dental Center in Honesdale and Pike Dental Center in Lords Valley
* Behavioral Health — mental health and counseling services– at the Behavioral Health Center in Honesdale and Lords Valley
* Women’s Health Care — obstetrical and gynecological services with board-certified and board-eligible physicians, certified nurse-midwives and CRNPs in Honesdale, Hamlin, Lords Valley and Carbondale.
* General Surgery with Louis D’Oro, MD, FACS; Lisa Medvetz, MD, FACS and Sean Yuan, MD, FACS
* Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine with Sean McVeigh, MD, Director of Wayne Memorial’s Sleep Disorders Center.
* General and Interventional Cardiology with Raymond Resnick, MD, FACC, FSCAI
* Neurology with Julianne O’Boyle, MD.
For more information about each of these services, please click on the appropriate link above.
Wayne Memorial Community Health Centers is a Health Center Program grantee under 42 U.S.C. 254b, and a deemed Public Health Service employee under 42 U.S.C. 233(g)-(n).
To learn more about Federally Qualified Health Centers, please click on the link below.
WMCHC Executive Director
WMCHC Medical Director
John Weisenreider, M.D., F.A.C.P.
WMCHC Assistant Medical Director
James G. Cruse, M.D.