Primary Care | Pediatrics | Dental | Women’s Health | Behavioral Health | General Surgery | Pulmonary/Sleep Medicine | General and Interventional Cardiology | Neurology
Wayne Memorial Community Health Centers (WMCHC) is a progressive multi-specialty group with a total of 14 primary care, women’s health, behavioral health and dental sites, plus specialty practices (pulmonary, cardiology, surgery and neurology) in northeastern Pennsylvania. We have over 65 practitioners and 300 employees. WMCHC is clinically affiliated with Wayne Memorial Health System, Inc.
WMCHC is a federally qualified health center (FQHC), supported in part through a grant from the US Health Resources and Services Administration, Bureau of Primary Health Care. It was created in 2007, with the first primary care facility opening in Honesdale in January of 2008.
WMCHC offers healthcare to everyone and accepts most private insurance and medical assistance. Our centers also offer a sliding fee scale based on income. For specific information regarding billing, call (570) 251-6641.
Through continuous efforts to offer the highest quality care, WMCHC provides care following the Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) care model. For more information on PCMH, download a PDF of our patient information brochure by clicking on the link below:
Our services include:
* Primary care in Honesdale, Hamlin, Lake Como, Lords Valley, Tafton, Vandling and Carbondale
* Pediatric care in Honesdale and Carbondale
* Dental care for children and adults at the Together for Health Dental Center in Honesdale and Pike Dental Center in Lords Valley
* Behavioral Health — mental health and counseling services– at the Behavioral Health Center in Honesdale
* Women’s Health Care — obstetrical and gynecological services with board-certified and board-eligible physicians, certified nurse-midwives and CRNPs in Honesdale, Hamlin, Lords Valley and Carbondale.
* General and Bariatric Surgery
* Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine
* General and Interventional Cardiology
Wayne Memorial Community Health Centers is a Health Center Program grantee under 42 U.S.C. 254b, and a deemed Public Health Service employee under 42 U.S.C. 233(g)-(n).
To learn more about Federally Qualified Health Centers, please click on the link below.
WMCHC Executive Director
WMCHC Medical Director
John Weisenreider, M.D., F.A.C.P.
WMCHC Assistant Medical Director
James G. Cruse, M.D.